Quick 6: Fall Maintenance Tips
It's hard to believe that cooler months are ahead of us, and that summer is coming to an end!
Fall is the perfect time to get your home ready for the winter season while the weather is still cool and favorable.
Here are six things you can do your home for a little fall maintenance!
1) Check the exterior of your home for any cracks in the foundation that could potentially result in water coming in and cold air entering. Plus foundation cracks should always be addressed!
2) Keep your gutters clear! Water damage and flooding is one of the quickest ways to devalue your home. Ensuring your gutters stay clear and free of falling leaves and other debris is the first line of defense in helping water flow away from your home.
3) Get your HVAC serviced to ensured that all systems are working properly so that you an stay toasty warm in the winter and cool in the summer! Contact a licensed HVAC technician in your area to learn more.
4) Mow your grass one last time. Set the cutting height at two inches so the grass can store food for growth, but not get so long that snow and ice will mat it down and cause problems with disease and fungus.
5) Weather-strip the house. Weather stripping is the most cost-effective way to reduce your heating and cooling costs this fall. It can wear down over time, therefore it is important to inspect it periodically.
6) Cold-proof the faucets. In winter, freezing temperatures can happen even in the south. Take steps to ensure that outside faucets and in-ground irrigation systems don't freeze and burst. Close any shut-off valves serving outside faucets.
River Rock Realty